question

Upvotes
Accepted

Options market depth

Hello, I'm trying to download some market depth data using TH market depth report template. It works fine for stocks and futures but for options I get the following message when trying to preview:

row suppressed for lack of 'Distribution Rights - Tick History never allowed for PE 0' permission.

does that mean that I'm not permissioned to see this data ?

Thanks

tick-history-rest-apiderivativesmarket-depth
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ayoub.serroukheidrissi

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@ayoub.serroukheidrissi,

Your assumption is correct, that message means there is a permissioning issue. It is actually not related to your own accounts permission, it is that for the specific options you chose we are not allowed to distribute market depth data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Is there a general rule or a list as to what you can distribute and what you cannot in relation to market depth?

@ayoub.serroukheidrissi,

For high level information on data availability by asset class or for market depth, you can refer to the Tick History coverage guide.

For field level availability by asset class, see the Data Dictionary, tab Field Descriptions, starting in columns O.

Looks like Eurex options are supposed to be covered according to the market depth tab in the coverage guide. But thanks for your time anyway

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.