question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

I have a list of excels in R with eikon formulas. I need to open and refresh them with Rstudio instead of open each of them. How can I do it? thanks

eikoneikon-com-apiexcelformula-builderrefreshr-studio
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

If you're looking to utilize Eikon data in R, I would suggest retrieving it straight into R using Eikon Data APIs library for R without Excel as an intermediary.

If you must use Excel files, then in a generic use case you need to add VBA code to your spreadsheets that ensures that Eikon Excel COM add-in is loaded into Excel session and is signed in. Attached is an example of a spreadsheet with a sample of this VBA code and Visual Basic Script that creates a new instance of Excel application, opens this spreadsheet, synchronously refreshes Eikon formulas in it and saves and closes the spreadsheet. You should be able to easily replicate this Visual Basic Script sample in R.

UpdateEikonSpreadsheet.zip

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.