question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 2

TRTH license and Multiple usage

If I have 1 Production license, this effectively gives the bank the right to connect. I am assume a license is associated to a ‘Connection ID’.

• Can I use the same Connection ID on two Production servers that are running hot-hot in two data centres so that we have DRP resilience ?
  • Can I use the same Connection ID installed on a third device that does a different task : e.g. for a batch processor – so as not to overload the two hot-hot production servers when a batch runs ?
  • Can another team use the same Connection ID installed on a fourth device ; e.g. DFW team and CPL can share?

If I have 1 Development licence :-

Can I use the development Connection ID on multiple Test servers that are running on many different test environments > e.g : DFW-PrePROD, CPL-PrePROD, DFW-INT, CPL-INT

tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

From this case: 08559850

<AHS>

The case 08559850 is closed with the following resolution:

Call with client---- We answered also the customer question concerning the possibility to use the existing CA-CIB TRTH UserId with the new application. In fact technically speaking there is nothing that would prevent from doing that. The API limits are documented in the BEST PRACTICES AND LIMITS FOR TICK HISTORY we provided the customer with.
We also advised that if any TRTH UserId is already used by any existing application, it is probably better to create a new TRTH Id for the new application.

We explained also that what is technically possible could not necessarily be covered by the contract, and that needs to be checked with CACIB Market Data procurement service and with Refinitiv Account Management.
I will so liaise with our AM and Sales team to check that point. I know we have the detailed mapping all TRTH IDs provided to CACIB group.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

@antonio.porru

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @antonio.porru and all,

Conveying information from the resolution of the related support case:

"...

Call with client---- We answered also the customer question concerning the possibility to use the existing CA-CIB TRTH UserId with the new application. In fact technically speaking there is nothing that would prevent from doing that. The API limits are documented in the BEST PRACTICES AND LIMITS FOR TICK HISTORY we provided the customer with.
We also advised that if any TRTH UserId is already used by any existing application, it is probably better to create a new TRTH Id for the new application.

"

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.