For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvote
Accepted
16 0 1 2

How do I anticipate maintenance windows?

While testing an application of mine that uses the Tick History API, I received a response that said the data was unavailable due to maintenance. Unfortunately, I did not capture this response.

I am looking for a few things:

• Is there any information out there as to how often these maintenance windows occur and when I can expect them?
  • Is there a sample response I can use to build my application in a way that it can react to these maintenance windows? Is there some field I can read in an incoming response that will tell me the response is affected by maintenance?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hi @rleo,

The way to look up the alerts is to go to my.refinitiv.com, "Service and Alerts" area,

"Maintenance Alerts" tab, if you are looking for past or present alerts, please to check "Include Resolved".

You may use "Maintenance Wizard" selection on the left to subscribe yourself to Maintenance Alerts, and they will be emailed to you ahead of time.

DSS product strives to schedule maintenance windows over the weekend time, and alert them into this area well ahead of scheduled time.

I do not have a sample Extraction Notes for maintenance response to share. However, a good practice for DSS REST in production is to always check Extraction Notes, If the result differs from completed successfully, a good practice is to verify the result, so I would suggest not limiting the verification process to the maintenance wording.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
16 0 1 2

@zoya.farberov (tagging you isn't working - so I hope you see this).

Hi,

On that link, there is no "Service and Alerts" area.

I see "Notifications and Alerts", but there is not a corresponding "Maintenance Alerts" tab or "Maintenance Wizard" for me to click on.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @rleo,

Please verify you are logged in, under my.refinitiv.com link, as a customer.

In Notifications and Alerts, please see the selections, are you able to select Service Alerts, then Maintenance Alerts tab should also be visible, do you see it?

notif.gif (162.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
16 0 1 2

These are the only two options I see:

1586875035626.png (342.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @rleo,

I have notified your Refinitiv account management team, please give them a bit of time to look into this and get back.

Thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.