question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 33 41

GOVSRCH using COM API

How can I run something similar using COM API?

RIC sample: ANVHA.AX

I cannot get it using RSearch COM API or Excel.

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I'm having the same issue with Hong Kong : 4427.HK

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@igorg

I don't think I'm following what you're trying to do. Are you asking what criteria you could use to retrieve these bonds with RSearch? Here's an example of RSearch Excel worksheet function that returns SG095378323=, which is the primary RIC for ANVHA.AX.

=RSearch("BOND","RawContextFilter:'DbType eq \'CORP\' and IsActive eq true' IssuerOrgid:'100651023' MaturityDate:<2020-08-01")
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I'm trying to get all RICs

Your sample returns : SG095378323=

I want to get ANVHA.AX

I'm still not following. Would you mind elaborating on what you're looking to achieve? Are you trying to get all RICs for a given bond? Then you shouldn't use RSearch. RSearch serves the use case when you're looking for a list of instruments based on a criteria (e.g. all bonds issued by companies domiciled in a given country and with maturity dates between X and Y). RSearch returns one identifier per instrument. If you're looking to get all RICs for a given bond use DEX2 library with the field TR.RICS. Or in Excel use

=TR("SG095378323=","TR.RICS")

I'm trying to get all RICs for Australia and Hong Kong for all Asset Types.

For equities and funds I use RSearch COM API with RIC = '*.AX'. But they do not return me bonds. If I use AssetType = 'BOND' I still do not receive those RICs: 4401.HK,4402.HK, 4403.HK, 4404.HK, 4405.HK... They are Fixed Income type. I don't know what to use in AssetType to get them.

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.