question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 4 1

How do I download ADJUSTED daily OHLC data for SP500 names using TRTH API with python?

I'm currently downloading 1 min bars from TRTH using the Tick History Intraday Summaries Report.

Now I need to download daily OHLC data daily where prices are adjusted for corporate actions.

1. How do I do that within TRTH API using python?
  2. On datascope site, when I select AAPL.OQ as RIC, I can see adjusted price history link, how do I download that data using TRTH's REST API for Python? See attachment below
    1. Does this data include cash dividend?
  3. Will the prices be adjusted for corporate actions like cash dividends, splits?

tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @vnigam,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@vnigam

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @vnigam,

The price history information in the DSS GUI can be retrieved with PriceHistory report template of DSS REST API. The adjusted or unadjusted price can be selected with the "AdjustedPrices" condition parameter in the request payload. You can find more information and sample messages in this tutorial. You can find some Python examples in the download page.

According to the DataScope Select GUI User guide, the history prices are adjusted from corporate actions and currency redenominations. Corporate Actions adjustment events are reported for Capital Change (CCH), Currency Redenomination (CRE), Reuters TimeSeries (RTS) and Reuters Price Only (RPO) events only. Dividend adjustments are not supported currently.

Anyway, please note that the PriceHistory report template is available for DSS user.

TRTH user can retrieve time series data using ElektronTimeseries report template. However, I cannot see the adjusted price option in the request, so it likely doesn't support the price adjustment. You can find more information including sample messages in this tutorial and Python example in the download page.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.