question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 1 1

What is the reuters ticker format for currency pairs ?

Hello,

I want to register currency pairs with Reuters to receive quotes.

Questions:

1.What is the ticker format for a currency pair ?

2. Is last price populated for currency pairs ? If yes, what is the field name for last price that I should request for in Reuters ?

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @nainitha_j

1.What is the ticker format for a currency pair ?

This is an answer from a similar question.

The RICs for spot rates are constructed using the following pattern: currency ISO 4217 code + "=", e.g. "EUR=", "GBP=" etc.

For cross currencies the RICs for contributed indicative exchange rates are constructed using: base currency ISO 4217 code + quotes currency ISO 4217 code + "=", e.g. "EURGBP=", "GBPJPY=" etc. Note that these RICs only exist for currency pairs actively traded in the FX market and the order of the currencies is significant. Typically there's a convention in the FX market which selects one currency from a currency pair as base and the other as quoted currency, hence the RIC "GBPCHF=" exists and the RIC "CHFGBP=" does not exist.

There are also RICs for cross currency exchange rates calculated by Refinitiv from respective spot rates. These RICs exist for most currency pairs and are constructed as base currency ISO 4217 code + quotes currency ISO 4217 code + "=R", e.g. "CHFMAD=R", "MADCHF=R" etc.

You can also use RIC Search tool available from this portal.

2. Is last price populated for currency pairs ? If yes, what is the field name for last price that I should request for in Reuters ?

I think the fields are BID, ASK, PRIMACT_1 and SEC_ACT_1

I would suggest that you contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk to get an authoritative answer on a content question.

I have submitted ticket number 09114400 on your behalf using the email registered on this Developer Forum.

The helpdesk will reach out to you soon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for answering.

1. Could you please point me to the documentation that explains the RIC format of different security instruments (Equity, Futures etc..)

2. In the RIC Search tool, I have seen *=REU, the contributor here is Reuters. How is it different from *= ?

Hi @nainitha_j

For the content questions, please submit a ticket to Refinitiv Content Helpdesk at my.refinitiv.com

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.