question

Upvote
Accepted
16 1 1 3

How can retreive the securities list from existing Portfolio using vba and COM API

i am using DEX2 to send commands and retreive data using VBA. I am sending replication of TR commands successfuly via API but can't retrive the list of securities from a portfolio. the TR command is

(replicate =TR("PORTFOLIO(MyPortfolio)",....)

is there a way to send this command using DEX2 library?

eikoneikon-com-apivba
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Moved to Eikon COM forum.

@ariel.amar

Hi.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Else please post again offering further insight into your question

Thanks

@ariel.amar

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
66 1 1 4

advanced-adc-tr-dex2-0.zip

Hello Ariel,

I have attached the Excel Advanced ADC (Analytics Data Cloud) TR Dex2 zip file (from the downloads section of the Eikon COM, “Eikon - Microsoft Office” APIs.

This (largeish) workbook contains a number of different ADC Dex2 examples (each worksheet is self contained code wise and shows the on-sheet TR() function call on the left hand side and the VBA API call on the right hand side). Use the worksheet with the closest on sheet TR() example, check that you can retrieve your data correctly and then use the inputs for the VBA retrieval.

Any problems, please get back to us.

David Cammish,
Platform Services.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks! that was very helpful

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.