question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 2 1

Hello Iam from Factset. Iam looking for java code samples to establish a RFA connection without using the GUI application code for Refinitiv . Can someone provide me that? Or help me with proceeding further on this?

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

We can have a call as well if thats easy

Hello @deepika.palreddy

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

It is RFA question so moved to RFA forum.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @deepika.palreddy

The RFA APIs (.Net, C++ and Java editions) provide a console example application for developers in the API package:

• RFA .Net: StarterConsumer' application under the Examples directory.
  • RFA C++: StarterConsumer' application under the Examples directory.
  • RFA Java: StarterConsumer application under the Examples\com\reuters\rfa\example\omm\cons directory.

The example can connect to your ADS server or your OMM Interactive provider application.

Please be informed that the RFA API is a feature-completed API (non-strategic). You may consider the Enterprise Message API (EMA Java, formerly known as Elektron Message API) which is a part of the strategic Refinitiv Real-Time SDK family (formerly known as Elektron SDK) for your new development application/project.

The EMA is designed for ease of use, so it should take a lot less time to implement and getting the data compares to implement with RFA API. Please see more detail in Real-Time SDK page.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

As per the video in the "Quick Start" section in RFA API link, I tried to download and I see the above now. Am I going in the right direction? If yes, could you please enable the membership for me?

rfa-membership.png (33.7 KiB)

Hello @deepika.palreddy

You required the premium user subscription program in order to download the RFA API package. Please contact your Refinitiv representative to help you register premium subscription.

Hello @wasin.waeosri, looks like I got the premium subscription to access the Library folder but I cannot access the latest RFA Java version. I see all of them are blank

1601412277740.png (19.8 KiB)
Show more comments
Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Hello @deepika.palreddy,

I know you are asking for RFA Java, but since you are starting a new application, I would second the opinion offered by @wasin.waeosri.

EMA Java is our new replacement API for RFA, is considerably easier to use, and is our strategic real time API. Please use EMA going forward as it will be supported by Refinitiv going forward. RFA API is feature complete at this time.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello Gurpeet,

We heard from Refinitiv that they wouldnot support EMA API you suggested. So I think we would continue with RFA for now.

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

I don't see any reason EMA can not replace RFA API, unless MAPI is using some legacy protocol which is not being supported by newer EMA. Let me check internally and get to the bottom of this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @Gurpreet

I believe the MAPI team were very reluctant to offer EMA support - I seem to recall I discussed this with them a while back and Nitin has also been trying to pressure them to change for a while now.

Thanks @umer.nalla. This is exactly what I got back. EMA is not certified for use with MAPI, and so users have to keep developing new applications with RFA.

@Gurpreet any update on this?

Also I was going through the API package for RFA.I have few questions on that
1. Is there any way I can login to RFA other than using the token?

2. I was referring to Real time Market Data 1.6 pdf and I was trying to figure out what tags and how we need to send for market data subscription. I couldnot find any revelant examplesalso in the APi package.Could you please help me here in proceeding further?

Hi @deepika.palreddy,

Unfortunately, it seems like so far RFA is the only certified API for MAPI.

For other questions, I would recommend that you start a new post. This will keep the conversation clean and allow us to track the answers.

There are no tokens in RFA. If you have downloaded the RFA SDK, then best to start with the StarterConsumer example in the Examples\com\reuters\rfa\example\omm\cons directory.

Okay. I have done that . Thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.