question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 4 7

Open DACS connection problem

I am having connection issue to the Open DACS daemon server. My test is based on the Content Based Subscriber tutorial. After 1-2 successful connections, I will start getting AuthorizationConnection.CONNECTION_DOWN which rejects my connection and it will work again after a few minutes. For all the successful connections, I am properly closing the connection after the entitlement check is completed. What could be rejecting the new connection? Is there a connection limit? Should I just keep my connection open at all time in my application (Open DACS client)? Please advise.

DACSopen-dacs
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Kenny,

OpenDACS Java, right?

Do you see the same connection issue if you just re-run OpenDACS Tutorial#4, 3 or 4 times in a row?

(I am not seeing it this way)

@kenny.ma

Hi.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Else please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks

AHS

@kenny.ma

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@kenny.ma

It sound like some issue on dacs sink daemon. You may check DACS_MAX_SNKD_CLIENTS parameter which set in dacs.env used by your dacs daemon. Default seems to be 8 and if you share the dacs daemon with other users it might reach the max client.

# Define the number of Sink Clients that can attach to the dacs.snkd DACS_MAX_SNKD_CLIENTS=8; export DACS_MAX_SNKD_CLIENTS

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.