question

Upvotes
Accepted
12 1 2 3

Rebranding impact for TREP service API / RFA

Dear sir,

Notice that there are some recent notifications about "Rebranding Thomson Reuters to Refinitiv" effective in 2021, which may affect the server name and port number for service connection.

Will this change also affect TREP service API / RFA.

Thank you for advise.

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @DavidTWLo

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @DavidTWLo

The RFA APIs need to connect to whatever server name and ports your internal MarketData team have configured.

If they change the server name or ports then you would need to amend your RFA config to use any such revised values.

I am not a TREP expert, however, I have not seen anything to suggest that port numbers will need to change - nor server names - unless your internal MarketData team decides to do so.

There may be some very minor change required to your RFA application - depending on which version you are using - RFA Java, C++ or .NET

You can find details at https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/pcnpage/12072.html

See the PDF file on the above page.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @DavidTWLo

We have a recording of the recent Customer Advisory Forum - where the various Refinitiv Product Teams went over what if any changes are required for the various rebranded products.

You can register and view the on-demand recording via this link

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @DavidTWLo

I just watched the above video and the sections that will probably be of most interest to you is

• about 20min in for the TREP stuff and
  • about 43mins in for the API stuff.

Hope that helps.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.