question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 0 4 9

REDIPlus Send Order Failed : duplicated order and one more question is do the order sending via REDIPlus have limitation

I develop the order sending via python from GitHub - Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.REDI.Python.BasicExamples: REDI API - Basic Python examples and i develop another module to call this function for order sending. I want to know how does this alert come? And how to prevent this alert?

And one more question is "Do the order sending via REDIPlus has any limitation?". i test to send order every X min from python script, in the beginning it's work fine but after a few hours it's seem to not work, something like REDIPlus do not accept any action from my python script anymore. 
redi-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @alongkot.b,

The alert on the screenshot is strictly REDIPlus GUI and will not be detectable via API. So on the API integration side there is not that many options.

One approach can be to design proactively to prevent this- keep track of what you submit and do not submit duplicates.

Another approach, if you are not coding in Python, but either C# or VBA, you can use REDI monitoring functionality to assure the success of the orders that you submit. See REDI Monitoring tutorials and Monitoring on an Execution Management System in C# for more info on monitoring.

---

It's always better to ask separate question as separate question, this way it gets better visibility both from the developers community members and from the moderators of the developers forums.

You should be able to submit up to 3 orders per second, so what you describe should not apply. However, you will need to acknowledge the alert, such as the one you show on the screenshot, prior to being able to proceed with the next requests, so this can be the cause you could not submit anymore requests on the API side.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.