question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 1 3

Availability of intraday price data on oil futures

Is there a way to find how far back intraday or TimeAndSales (tick) data for a given RIC without attempting a pull and getting charged for it?

In particular, I am trying to pull 1-minute or 5-minute data on oil future prices prior to 2004. Using the Eikon dashboard (opened using the Excel add-in), I can see that the RIC LCOc1 (just as an example) has daily data back to the late 80's, but I don't see a way to check the availability of higher-frequency data. I do not want to pull this RIC via the API and incur a data charge because the data will only be useful for me if it goes back far enough.

I would appreciate any guidance. Thank you.

tick-history-rest-apihistoricalpricingfuturesenergy
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @m1jkf00,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@m1jkf00

I assume that you are using TickHistoryIntradaySummariesExtractionRequest to receive the intraday data. I have used Search/HistoricalSearch to search for the RIC LCOc1, The returned response contains the FirstDate property.

{
            "Identifier": "LCOc1",
            "IdentifierType": "Ric",
            "Source": "",
            "Key": "VjF8MHgzMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwfDB4MzAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMHx8fHx8fHxMQ09jMXw",
            "Description": "Historical Instrument",
            "InstrumentType": "Unknown",
            "Status": "Valid",
            "DomainCode": "6",
            "FirstDate": "1996-01-07T00:00:00.000Z",
            "LastDate": "2020-12-29T00:00:00.000Z",
            "History": []
        }

I can't extract the TickHistoryIntradaySummaries data before that date.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.