question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

Eikon DDE server & topic

Does Eikon offer classic DDE connectivity and if it does can you please let me know what the Service and Topic names are?

I am asking because I have a legacy VB.NET app that works with DDE & Thomson One and we're planning to replace Thomson One with Eikon and ideally just change DDE info in order for the app to work with Eikon.

Just FYI, in Thomson One the DDE Service is ILX and Topic is Q (Excel example: =ILX|Q!'IBM,BID').

Thank you,
Doru

eikoneikon-com-apieikon-for-office
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @Doru,

No, Eikon does not provide a DDE server you could use in your application. You will have to utilize Eikon COM or .NET APIs, which will require a relatively invasive change to your existing code. This is because unlike DDE the data retrieval with these APIs is asynchronous. There are other differences, which may or may not contribute to the migration effort for your application, such as in-proc vs. out-of-proc, different symbology etc.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 3

Thank you very much Alex. Appreciate the quick reply. I assumed there was no DDE server, as I could not find any documentation about it, but I wanted to make sure before I start looking into findiding a new solution.

Doru

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.