question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Getting Parse Error while trying to establish a SXS session using the handshake request

Hi, I am trying to set up the environment to use the Side By Side Interoperability API.

For this I was referring to the Quick start guide that is available at this link : https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/eikon/side-by-side-integration/quick-start

I successfully started and logged in to Eikon. Then, I was also able to successfully ping the SXS server using the Postman Utility at port 9001 (since 9000 was being already used on my system).

After this, I was trying to establish a Session and for this I first generated the Product ID and App key using the App key generator in Eikon

and then passed the below JSON object

{

"command": "handshake",

"productId": "SWITCHANDDATASYSTEMS.EIKOND.......",

"appKey": "1d8281c18........"

}

I followed all the steps that is mentioned in the Quick start guide to establish a SXS session. I ensured that the raw data is selected and the type of data is set to JSON within the Postman utility.

However, on posting the above JSON, I am getting the below error in response

{

"isSuccess": false,

"error":

{

"code": -32700,

"message": " Parse error"

}

}

It seems there is some Parsing error but the JSON object that I am passing seems to be correct.

Please refer the below image

Could you please help with this.

side-by-side-api
1612769557059.png (103.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Vaibhav.Gandhe

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is one of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
79.3k 253 52 74

@Vaibhav.Gandhe

If you copied the request from the website, it may contain invalid characters.

Please manually type the request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.