question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 3 6

Is the ViewsAndIntervals demo code working?

It seems to me that ViewsAndIntervals usage example in the demo code DataApiUsageExampleTimeseriesData is not working.

Anybody else have the same trouble?

Here are the steps I have taken:

1. I extract the zip to a directory,
  2. I open the project from Visual Studio 2012,
  3. I follow the instructions in the Readme.md regarding the nugget packages,
  4. I do a build and a debug and see the TimesSeriesRequest results in the console, all good,
  5. I comment out TimesSeriesRequest(); and un-comment ViewsAndIntervals();
  6. It builds without errors,
  7. I run a debug, see the console and the '[1] Views and intervals example' message,
  8. but nothing happens after that.
  9. I stop the debug, put a break in ViewsCallback, restart the debug and see that the breakpoint does not get hit.

Thanks in advance.

eikontime-serieseikon-app-studio
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@robert.hardy

It looks like you do not have permissions for that particular RIC AAPL.O. Using an error callback in your code as Jirapongse suggested will make your code robust, and clearly inform the end user as to the cause why data is not delivered.

For testing, to quickly double check your permissions for a particular instrument manually, you can also request it inside Eikon, using the Quote app; if access is denied the resulting message will clearly say so.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 1 3 6

Okay, the code is not working ... but it does if I use a different RIC.

Perhaps I do not have permissions on the RIC that is used in the examples (AAPL.O)?

I changed to use a different RIC EURAB6E2Y=TWEB and it works.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
78.2k 246 52 72

I could retrieve the data properly when following the above steps.

Yes, it could be a permission issue. You can verify it adding the errorCallback when calling GetViewList, as shown below.

UsageExample.cs

viewListRequest = timeSeries.GetViewList("AAPL.O", ViewsCallback, 
       error => { 
               Console.WriteLine(error.Type.ToString()+": "+error.Message); 
               });
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.