For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 3 4 8

THE REMOTE SERVER RETURNED AN ERROR: (404) NOT FOUND

Hi. Our system have multiple users simultaneously calling the API for different functions like creating, screening and fetching case records. Since moving to AWS servers we are experiencing multiple errors with the response THE REMOTE SERVER RETURNED AN ERROR: (404) NOT FOUND. Support suggested the following remedy. "" 404s do sometimes happen when firing these endpoints one after another. To keep this from happening, it is advisable if your developer can apply a delay (or increase the duration) in between firing these API endpoints. "" Our developers informed there is no point applying a delay or increase duration of API endpoints since there is always the possibility of another API call being made in between. They are asking if there is an API queuing solution where we can streamline the API calls in our server to fire them one by one. Thanks. Abul Casim
world-checkerror-404
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @casim
Do you still encounter the problem? If so, could you please give information requested by @Mehran Khan?

@casim

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you know an answer, please share your answer, and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
1 3 4 8

The issues were discussed in length with the WC development team and suggestions were given to tweak the API call method and moving to version 2. We have temporarily fixed the issues that stopped operations but are developing to overcome the errors permanently.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1.3k 4 1 2

@casim

Hi,

Can you please provide the complete request and response headers of the failed API call for us to investigate this further?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 3 4 8

Hi @Mehran Khan

Just received an email alert regarding your feedback. We are still facing this issue every day intermittently. Depends on the API traffic our server generates.

Regarding your request for the complete request and response headers of the failed API call, please note we do not have provision in our server to store all API call headers sent or received. We only store the request log with pertinent information like case ID, date, time etc and based on the response received from the API call our developer has created a specific format which is stored along with the request log. Whatever error we get time to time, the error message is stored.

Our developer had shared a sample call request and response header that is usually sent and received by our server which I've attached. The error what we get for failed calls is the subject of this forum topic.

SAMPLE_WHCK_CALL_DATA.txt

Hope this will help you in identifying the issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1.3k 4 1 2

@casim

Thank you for sharing the details, may I suggest a quick meeting to go through the details and potentially resolve this?

I am available today between 3:30 PM IST to 4:30 PM IST and tomorrow Thursday 9 AM IST to 6 PM IST, let me know what works best for you I will send out an invite.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 3 4 8

Hi @Mehran Khan

It is a long Eid holiday here till the coming Sunday. I would recommend we revisit this on Monday to fix a time and I can include the IT development team in the call as well.

Tentatively we can decide to have the meeting at Monday 1:30 PM IST (12 noon UAE time). Let me know and we can set the calendar schedules.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1.3k 4 1 2

@casim

I have a conflict at 1:30 PM IST on Monday, can we schedule it at 12:30 PM IST (11 AM UAE Time) ?

Let me know I will send out an invite and Eid Mubarak to you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.