question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 7 8 9

Download RDMFieldDictionary from ELEKTRON_DD service

Hi Team,

I am trying to download the RDMFieldDictionary using the ELEKTRON_DD service but I could not get any response. Please can you advise me on this ?

Many thanks in advance!!

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

@alokreturns

The application can receive State: OPEN, SUSPECT, NONE, "Waiting for service ELEKTRON_DD UP. Item recovery in progress..." if it requests dictionary to the down service or the service does not exist on the server.

You can find what services that the server provides in RFA trace log file. It is REFRESH_RESP message of DIRECTORY. For example:

This server provides the service name ELEKTRON_NEON.

If the service goes down, ServiceState is 0. For example:

The service API_NEON_NI on this server goes down.

In addition, RFAJ configuration parameters named traceMsgDomains is NORMAL means tracing all message domains except DICTIONARY due to huge size. To see dictionary request/response, please set traceMsgDomains to be ALL.

You can find more details of RSSL configuration parameters in section RSSL Connection of RFAJ_ConfigLoggingGuide.pdf

servicestate.png (32.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Many thanks for this!!

Upvotes
47 0 4 2

Not getting a response sounds like a network problem -- can you elaborate?

The framework we provide downloads the directories and dictionaries from the dELEKTRON_DD service so you might want to try that and see if that fixes the problem.

Tom

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
582 9 15 23

Hi,

What infrastructure (Elektron, TREP, etc.) are you connecting to? Were you able to connect to the infrastructure successfully?

Here's a tutorial on downloading data dictionary.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Sussana,

Thank you very much!! I am connecting to Elektron infrastructure and my login is successful. Also I can retrieve prices for RICs like EUR=,SEK=,etc

But whenever I try to download the dictionary, I am only receiving a status response like "DictionaryClient: Received Dictionary Response - MsgType.STATUS_RESP"

If I use the dIDN_RDF service then its running fine and I am able download the dictionary as well as updates for RICs.

Is there any specific configuration I need to do for this ?

Many thanks in advance !!

Regards,

Alok

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hi alokreturns,

You may try to enable RFAJ trace log file showing requests sent from the RFAJ application and responses from the server. This can help to find out why your request fails.

set ipcTraceFlags = 15, traceMsgTypes =ALL, traceMsgDomains=NORMAL,mountTrace=true and specify logFileName parameter of the connection node as shown below:

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Pimchaya,

Thanks a lot for this!! Actually now the problem seems to be little more clearer. I have installed EZD (ezd1.2.1.L1.win.rrg) and using EZD demo tool and I am able to access the dictionaries as well as live data from ELEKTRON_DD.

However my application was earlier using the dIDN_RDF service do access the dictionary and data. If I am just updating the service name to ELEKTRON_DD then I am not getting the expected response. Sometimes also getting the below message :

State: OPEN, SUSPECT, NONE, "Waiting for service ELEKTRON_DD UP. Item recovery in progress..."

Any help would be great

If you used dIDN_RDF before then I would recommend trying dELEKTRON_DD.

Tom

Upvotes
582 9 15 23

Make sure your application is connecting to your installed EZD (if it's installed on your local box, then your app should connect to your localhost, etc.). Take/use the connection details from that EZD Demo Tool (since that successfully connected to it).

icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you so much!! This has helped me to solve the problem

Hi alokreturns, that's great. Thanks for your letting us know what helped resolve the issue!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.