question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Impact on API with Refinitiv and Thomson Reuters split

Hello,
I was wondering if there were impacts on real-time RFA API of Eikon with the split between Refinitiv and Thomson Reuters ?

Indeed, i call the RFA .NET APi to get real time informations and i wanted to know if some servers name or hostname changes are required to continue to have real time informations ?

Thanks for your help,

Romain

treprfarfa-api.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @romainG

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @romainG

If you are using RFA.NET then you are most likely consuming data from an internal or hosted ADS server (or possibly Elektron Connect service via EZ Daemon).

The service name and server names, host names etc would not be impacted by the change of ownership of the company (unless your internal Market Data team decided to change these values for whatever reason).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@romainG

To add to the answer by @umer.nalla, if you use RFA .NET you need to be aware of the rebranding changes in the namespace of RFA libraries. See the "IMPORTANT Rebranding Annoucement" on Refinitiv Robust Foundation API (RFA) - .NET page on this portal and Product Change Notification 12072.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Thanks for your responses guys. After investigation, it seems real-time data are provided from Eikon application (on user devices) with Eikon Desktop API. Ours desktop applications are already up to date so i think it's good and I have nothing to do.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.