For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Terminal UI to DSS API parity

I'm trying to understand the best way to map a RICs attribute on the UI (example DATE_RANGE, PRIMACT_1, CONTR_MONTH) to the ContentFieldNames used in the DSS API. The Elektron API would return the same field names.

The obvious choices all seem to return NULL for a good chunk of the RICs I'm looking to query.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @chirag.jamadagni,

What template/request type, you are looking to use?

I've been using

Extractions.ExtractionRequests.EndOfDayPricingExtractionRequest

Is this not the correct one to use?

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @chirag.jamadagni,

You would examine the fields that are available for End of Day requests in the content guide linked below and can use the fields that are available from this template/request.

From my looking up EOD Pricing request in content guide (link below), these fields are not available from it.

If you are looking to retrieve raw history, the fields in historical data that were captured from Elektron service "as is", in the raw, same as in RealTime/Elektron API, I think you would need product Tick History and use TickHistoryRawExtractionRequest, see it in REST API Reference Tree specification, however, Refinitiv content experts will better advise you on the content that you require.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @chirag.jamadagni,

Please see Refinitiv DataScope Select Data Content Guide, tab "Field Descriptions" for the complete reference on the DSS content that is available.

However, if you are not able to identify the DSS content that you require, for a customer, would suggest to contact Refinitiv DSS content experts directly by using Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content -> DSS.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.