question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 3 4 8

RICs/Chain cannot be returned with RFA API

Client is using RFA to retrieve below chain/single RIC(Tried both ways) to their new downstram system but found one strange thing.

RICs or chain cannot be returned(Snapshot one) but when client added one RIC they used before(Like AUD=), new RIC/Chain can be returned properly(Snapshot two)

Can you please take a look and share us why this happened? Below is sample chain/RICs

0#AAACDBMK=

AAA6MCD=R

AAA1YCD=R

AAA2YCD=R

AAA3YCD=R

AAA4YCD=R

AAA5YCD=R

AAA7YCD=R

AAA10YCD=R

AAA20YCD=R

AAA30YCD=R

treprfa-api
one.jpg (480.1 KiB)
two.jpg (222.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @Hao.Tang

The list of RICs that the API sends the item request messages to the server is the following

• AAA6MCD=R
  • AAA1YCD=R
  • AAA2YCD=R
  • AAA3YCD=R
  • AAA4YCD=R
  • AAA5YCD=R
  • AAA7YCD=R
  • AAA10YCD=R
  • AAA20YCD=R
  • AAA30YCD=R

All RICs above received the Refresh message successfully. I cannot find any AUD= in the RFA trace file.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks so much and I will ask client to try again today or Monday

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @Hao.Tang

I am assuming that the client is using the RFA Java with the OMM interface, could you please confirm?

What is the version of RFA Java that encounters the problem?

If the client can replicate the issue on demand, please ask the client to enable the RSSL trace log and share the log file in this forum.

The client can configure the following RFA Java configurations to enable the log file

• <namespace>/Connections/<Connection Name>/ipcTraceFlags = 7
  • <namespace>/ Connections/<Connection Name>/mountTrace = True
  • <namespace>/ Connections/<Connection Name>/logFileName=<path to log file>

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks for helping me out. Rfa Java 1.0

rfa-1.0.jar

Rssl log I am checking with client on it

Can you take a look at below log if it is the required one

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

<!DOCTYPE log SYSTEM "logger.dtd">

<log>

</log>

RFA_RSSL0.txt

rfa-rssl0.txt (107 B)
Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @Hao.Tang

RFA Java version:

There are two ways to get the RFA Java version:

1. Via the Context.getRFAVersionInfo().getProductVersion() statement
  2. Upzip the "rfa.jar" library jar file, then check the MANIFEST.MF file in the META-INF folder. The RFA Java version will be shown in package_Version property of the MANIFEST.MF file.

RFA log file:

The given rfa-rssl0.txt is just an empty XML file. How the client config the RFA configurations? Could you please ask the client to share the Configurations (or XML configuration file?)

If the client uses XML configuration, the client can configure the following RFA Java configurations to enable the log file

• <namespace>/Connections/<Connection Name>/ipcTraceFlags = 7
  • <namespace>/ Connections/<Connection Name>/mountTrace = True
  • <namespace>/ Connections/<Connection Name>/logFileName=<path to log file>

This is my example Configurations:

My example RFA log file is the following: RFA_RSSL0.txt

ahs-config.png (22.2 KiB)
rfa-rssl0.txt (20.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

RFA_RSSL0 Final.txt

Thanks and attached log should be proper one this time

rfa-rssl0-final.txt (101.0 KiB)

Hello @Hao.Tang

The log is a correct RFA Java log file. Did the issue occur in the client environment? I found that the API requested 10 RICs to the server and received all 10 RICs Refresh messages successfully.

Yes, occur at client test TREP environment

They do not need to subscribe AUD=, but if they only retrieve other 9 RICs they really need then no RICs was returned, however when add AUD= (They retrieved before), then all RICs can be returned properly

Can configure error they made? Strange thing is that this is not new set-up, they use RFA API for many downstream system but when they configure new RIC for new system, error occur

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.