For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

New path to the XML Schema definition XSD

Hi all

I just wanted some advice around the new xsd path that should be included in the request XML that is sent to Refinitiv.

This is the URL that we have updated in the XML that we generate
"http://www.refinitiv.com/Datascope/ReportRequest.xsd"

Could you please let us know if you see any issues with this ?

1625847555573.png

We are also in the process of updating the SFTP connection URL to select.datascope.refinitiv.com.

So, I wanted to check in case there is any significance of what sequence these 2 changes are done ?

Since both old and new URLs are active in parallel from Refinitiv, I think ideally it would not make a difference in which sequence the above changes are carried out ?

Please let me know in case any further details are required.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Sid

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsssftp
1625847555573.png (9.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @siddharth.chandra

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@siddharth.chandra

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

@siddharth.chandra

From my checking, both old and new endpoints currently use the new namespace.

<ReportRequest xmlns="http://www.refinitiv.com/Datascope/ReportRequest.xsd">

The new namespace works with both old and new points.

Therefore, you can change the namespace first and then change the connection to select.datascope.refinitiv.com.

For more information, you can refer to the Refinitiv DataScope Select FTP User Guide.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Thanks for the quick response and confirming the new namespace.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Hi, one quick question based on what I asked earlier

Since the old URL's for both schema and SFTP only get discontinued after 31st July, does it matter which URL we change first before 31st July ?

Suppose we are testing this week, would it matter which URL we change first ?

icon clock
10 |1500

@siddharth.chandra

From my understanding, the URL in <ReportRequest xmlns="..."> could be anything that is a unique name to identify the corresponding elements of the report request file. If you try to access that URL (http://www.refinitiv.com/datascope/reportrequest.xsd), it will return "Page not found".

The important one is the DSS FTP server URL which is select.datascope.refinitiv.com.

Ok great, so it should not matter then if we update the SFTP URL first, and then update the XML Schema definition URL in the generated request file a little later this week. Since both old and new URLs would be valid till 31st July.

Thanks for confirming

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.