question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 1 2 4

How to get correct RespType Enum value?

We have an application and on any venue we subscribe to we get the following for all events (Trades/Quote/Cancels etc)

respType="Update" respTypeNum="INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_UNSPECIFIED"

I know from the developers guide this can be

INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_UNSPECIFIED=0
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_QUOTE=1
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_TRADE=2
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_NEWS_ALERT=3
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_VOLUME_ALERT=4
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_ORDER_INDICATION=5
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_CLOSING_RUN=6
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_CORRECTION=7
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_MARKET_DIGEST=8
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_QUOTES_TRADE=9
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_MULTIPLE=10
INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_VERIFY=11

Is there anything I should be doing to get these Update Types?

Thanks,

Shaun

treprfarfa-apic++
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.3k 53 17 14

Hello @Shaun

I am not a data/content expert so I cannot answer your question. But you can enable the RFA C++ trace file to verify the response type value that the API received from the Refinitiv Real-Time with the following RFA C++ configurations

\Connections\<Connection Name>\traceMsgToFile = true
\Connections\<Connection Name>\traceMsgDomains = "all"
\Connections\<Connection Name>\traceMsgMaxMsgSize = 10000000
\Connections\<Connection Name>\traceMsgMultipleFiles = true
\Connections\<Connection Name>\traceMsgFileName = <path to log file>

However, I strongly suggest you contact the data/content support team directly to help you check the data behavior. You can contact them via the https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/productsupport.html website and choosing the following conditions:

• Get Support -> I cannot find content I am looking for
  • Product --> Refinitiv Real-Time

real-time-content.png

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @Shaun ,
The response type will change as the trading phase of the market changes. During market hours it will be Trade/Update/Update unspecified depending on if order was added/deleted from the book, or if the order matched.

Similarly, other events will be autoatically disseminated when market activity happens. For e.g. you should get a closing run within hour or two of market close, etc.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
0 1 2 4

Thanks Gurpreet.

We are just not seeing these change at all. We ran the application for 24hrs for our interested venues but didn't see it change.

Is there a specific RFA version or API call we need to make to expose these?

Thanks,

Shaun

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @Shaun,

Nothing specific is needed is get these enum values.

Can you try another realtime instrument like IBM.N, and also try it with RFA example application like OMMConsumer.

Upvotes
24.3k 53 17 14

Hello @Shaun

Please be informed that the response type value is based on each exchange and each feed. The API just receives data from Refinitiv Real-Time (which is also receiving the response type value from the Exchange too) and passes it to the application as is.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
0 1 2 4

Thanks @wasin.waeosri - The problem that we are seeing is that it never changes for all the venues that we subscribe. Its always INSTRUMENT_UPDATE_UNSPECIFIED even if there are say Quote fields or Trade fields in the message.

Is it common for multiple exchanges not to send this?

Thanks,

Shaun

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.