question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Refinitiv .NET Library GrantRefreshToken returns unsupported

I am unable to authenticate a PlatformSession using the Refinitiv.Data libraries (v1.0.0-beta2) for .NET when trying to use GrantRefreshToken grant type.

session = PlatformSession.Definition().AppKey(appKey)
    .OAuthGrantType(new GrantRefreshToken().UserName(username).RefreshToken(refreshToken))
    .TakeSignonControl(true)
    .GetSession();

Response when trying to open a session using the above

{PlatformSession (Cloud)}
    [Refinitiv.Data.Core.PlatformSessionCore]: {PlatformSession (Cloud)}
    LastEventCode: SessionAuthenticationFailed
    LastEventMessage: {
  "ExceptionType": "System.NotSupportedException",
  "Message": "PlatformSession (Cloud) authorization using grant GrantRefreshToken 
  {\r\n\t\tUser: raymond.tieu@refinitiv.com\r\n\t\tRefresh Token: 914d1286-2bcb-4719-8bd8-c872bf3880ca\r\n\t} 
  not supported."
}
    OpenState: Closed

I have tried passing a refresh token obtained from https://sts.login.cp.thomsonreuters.net/oauth2/v1/token after getting the access/refresh tokens using my username and password.

I am able to authenticate a session when using the GrantPassword grant type. Is the GrantRefreshToken implemented in the .NET libraries?

.netoauth
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

@RaymondTieu1

RDP only supports the password grant authentication mechanism. In the near future, RDP will be supporting Client Credentials which will also support the self-signed client assertion. When these details are finalized, they will be supported within the Refinitiv Data Libraries (Python, TypeScript and .Net).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17k 80 39 63

Hi @RaymondTieu1

You stated you found success when using the GrantPassword. Is there a reason you are not using this? What are you trying to achieve by using the GrantRefreshToken?

icon clock
10 |1500

Currently I am authenticating using the PKCE authorization code flow and obtaining the tokens from AAA to then connect to RDP. I was hoping the .NET library would be able to allow authentication using the token from the AAA server so there would be no need to handle client usernames and passwords.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.