question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 4

List of available parameters for IPA API in Python

Hi there, I was wondering if there was a list of available input parameters for IPA API in Python, similar to these:

calculation_params = bond.CalculationParams(

market_data_date="2020-07-05",

price_side = ipa.enum_types.PriceSide.BID,

most of the time, I can add underscore between words to make it work, but for parameters such as 'reportCcy', it won't work in Python.

reportCcyStringThe reporting currency code, expressed in ISO 4217 alphabetical format (e.g., ' USD'). It is usually set to express the amounts for the fields that end with ' xxxInReportCcy'.OptionalThe default value is notional currency.Pricing Analysis
rdpipa
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
111 1 0 1

Hi @thomas.j.tan ,

I understand that you are using refinitiv-dataplatform Python package. Please let me know if it's not the case. Below answer is related to that package.

There are several ways to get list of supported parameters:

- Use automatic code completion in your IDE. See example: code-completion.png

- Go to class definition in your IDE. See example:go-to-definition.png

- Open following file and all parameters will be listed there - %Your_Python_Folder%\Lib\site-packages\refinitiv\dataplatform\content\ipa\contracts\bond\_bond_pricing_parameters.py

For reference: full list of parameters supported by API can be found at API Playground > "/data/quantitative-analytics/v1/financial-contracts" > Swagger. However you may need to query API directly to use some of them. Not all parameters may be supported by mentioned Python package.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mark

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @thomas.j.tan

Does the following work for you?

report_ccy = "USD"

I am trying to find a complete list for your reference.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @thomas.j.tan

Note that the API Playground parameters may use different case e.g. camelCase whereas the RDP Python Library uses conventional python snake_case for the parameter names e.g.

• API Playground: reportCCy
  • RDP python Library: report_ccy
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.