question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Historical insititutional ownership

Hello, I want to calclulate historical insititutional ownership for S&P500 companies using the Eikon Formula Builder. To get the amount of shares owned by institutional investors I use: @TR(C1;"TR.InvestorType;TR.SharesHeld";VERKETTEN("SDate=";TEXT(A1;"jjjj-MM-tt");" CH=Fd Transpose=Y");D1). To retrieve the amount of shares outstanding for this point in time I use @TR(B2;"TR.CompanySharesOutstanding(Adjusted=1)";VERKETTEN("SDate=";TEXT(A2;"jjjj-MM-tt");" CH=Fd Transpose=Y");C2) where i set adjusted to "1" in order to adjust for stock splits. The problem is that this sometimes results in ownership levels over 100% (after deviding the sum of shares of all institutional investors by the amount of shares outstanding) which leads me to question if .CompanySharesOutstanding(Adjusted=1) is the correct Data Item in this case. What do you recommend?

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Furthermore I noticed, that for the calculation of Institituional Ownership sometimes the amount of Free Float Traded Shares is used whereas in other occasions the amount of Shares Outstanding is being used. What is the decission criterion here?

Hello @Anna-lena.bauer

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Anna-lena.bauer

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Anna-lena.bauer ,

If I understand the question fully, you are trying to identify the content within Eikon that you require, by using Formula Builder tool, and would like some help with identifying the required content.

If this is correct, the best way for a customer to get expert help with Refinitiv content is to contact Refinitiv Eikon content experts directly via Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content -> Eikon/Refinitiv Workspace

You will also be able to investigate suspected discrepancies in content as well as obtain in-depth explanation on Eikon content.

Hope this helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.