Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
41 5 6 4

Refinitiv Real-Time Managed Distribution Service instrument limit

Hello!

I have several questions about "instrument limit":

1) How does this limit counted? I mean, if I have the limit of 1000 instruments, does it mean that I can subscribe to the Market Price domain for 1000 symbols?
If I need both MBP and MP domains, I can subscribe only for 500 instruments?

2) What is an expected behavior when I am trying to register a new OmmConsumer which exceeds this limit?

api-limits
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Nikita

Can I assume you are referring to the ADS config parameter:

itemLimit : Sets the maximum number of allowable open items per user per service.

OR

aggregateItemLimit:Sets the maximum number of allowable open items per user for all services

I would expect the limit to be in relation to the total number of open streams/items at any given point in time. As an MBP stream and MP stream for the RIC would represent two streams I would expect it to count as 2 towards your limits - so you would be limited to 500 MPB and 500 MP for example.

In terms of exceeding the limit, I would expect you to receive a Status Message with a Closed Stream state and a Status code such as TOO_MANY_ITEMS.

More likely you would see something like the following:

'A20: Aggregate item limit exceeded.'" - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the help!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.