question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 2

How to download multiple funds data in excel (lipper code)

Hello,

I'm currently using the "build formula" option with the refinitv excel addin because I'm trying to download data from different funds.

Is there a method, having all the Lipper code, to download everything I need (Rolling performance) just in a single excel file from ALL the funds? My specific aim is to download the monthly return for 1200 funds, everything in single excel file.

Is this possibile? I'm new to Eikon

Thanks

excelfundslipperformula-builder
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
1.5k 3 2 3

@edoardo.modotti01, Technically, it should be possible, but not practical as there is a large amount of data for each fund, especially rolling returns as it can have different frequency and the period can be as long as 10 years. Generally, you simply list your funds' ID (e.g. LipperID) in the excel and select the whole list for the instruments field in the formula.

This does not sounds like an API question but a question for the Eikon/Workspace Excel-add in, you should get better support from the customer support.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.