question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Python code to pull the TimeAndSales RIC data

Hi, After receiving status_code = 200, what is the correct way to pull the data based on JobId in my code below? print(f'Received status code which is not 202: {request_status}') # Successful if request_status == 200: print("Received status code 200") keys = resp.json().keys() if 'JobId' in keys: JobId = resp.json()['JobId'] extract_url = " https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/RawExtractionResults" import pdb pdb.set_trace() resp1 = requests.get(extract_url + "('" + JobId + "')/$value", headers=request_headers) print("result:", resp1) return resp1 else: print(keys) print(resp.json())
pythontrth-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @dilip.kha ,

Have you downloaded examples RTH Python Code Samples ?

Are you looking at the example OnDemand_IntradayBars.py?

Do you see in code:

#Step 4: get the extraction results, using the received jobId.
#Decompress the data and display it on screen.
#Skip this step if you asked for a large data set, and go directly to step 5 !

Prior to this in

#Step 2: send an on demand extraction request using the received token 

Is where I was suggesting to replace TickHistoryIntradaySummariesExtractionRequest with your required request.

---

I have adapted this sample for T&S use before, perhaps you will find this change useful, please find it attached.

RTH_OnDemand_TS.py.zip

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @dilip.kha ,

After receiving status = 200, you can pull the result from:

https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/RawExtractionResults({jobID})/$value

You may find useful REST API Tutorial 4: On Demand tick data extraction where on demand requesting of TickHistoryTimeAndSales is discussed in detail.

Next, if you are looking to implement in python, one approach could be to download a working python on demand example RTH Python Code Samples and swap JSON request in the example with your required JSON request, while reusing the rest of the code.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi @zoya faberov ,

Thank you so much for answering my question. However, I did see the doc you mentioned, but I could not find any useful code to use in Python.

All I want is, after getting status_code=200, I want to pull the data using below code/EndPoint. I'm getting result as 200 when I try to print in the last line.

result: <Response [200]>

Please see if you can help me on that. Thank you.

keys = resp.json().keys() if 'JobId' in keys: JobId = resp.json()['JobId'] extract_url = " https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/RawExtractionResults" resp1 = requests.get(extract_url + "('" + JobId + "')/$value", headers=request_headers) print("result:", resp1)

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.