question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 13 14 14

ND Forward Curves triangulation

Hi,

I have been with the API downloading forward curves. When there is a forward curve with two currencies, one with just NDF contracts and the other with both NDF and outrights, I have realized that the triangulation checks out both NDF curves are used.

I would like to know, why do you think this is the best approach?

For clarity I will introduce an example, let's say I want to valuate a BRLCNY forward with two forward curves (EURBRL and EURCNY). Would it be correct to use the EURBRL outright curve and EURCNY NDF curve? When searching for BRLCNY NDF curve directly the results are the same as if you use the two NDF curves (EURBRL and EURCNY).

Also, given that the differencees between NDF and Out are nonneglible, I would like to ask what is the reason underlying that fact?

Thank you in advance.

refinitiv-data-platformforexforwards
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @YERAY SOSA ALONSO ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @YERAY SOSA ALONSO ,

Are you referring to the advanced examples that are provided with CodeBook:

_Examples_/0.4 Advanced UseCases/ 04.02. Modeling Sandbox

?

These examples are intended as developer examples of advanced usage of RDP APIs,

as well to showcase and exemplify the content that is made available via RDP for easy programmatic integration.

In my view, the solution as implemented by these examples is not intended as the only recommended approach, and may not be the best for your use case at hand.

However, for in-depth authoritative answer on content presented, or to help addressing your content requirements, would suggest to contact Refinitiv content experts directly, via Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content -> Refinitiv Workspace/Eikon

Please let us know if this addresses your question, otherwise please provide more details?

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.