question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 6 8 9

Must have the "Data Module" running to access Sector and Beta :https://amers1.apps.cp.icp2.mpp.reutest.com/Apps/DataModule How do I run this?

eikoneikon-app-studioexample
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This is the App Studio code sample “AppStudio JET2 % spread betw SMA & Last of Index components”

And at point 3 in the readme file it asks for : “Must have the "Data Module" running to access Sector and Beta

https://amers1.apps.cp.icp2.mpp.reutest.com/Apps/DataModule

Upvotes
Accepted
942 8 9 13

Hi Raluca,

As Philip said, this "Data Module" is not required anymore. He got rid of it and uploaded a new version of the example on the Dev Portal. Can you please give it a try and confirm it solved your issue?

The new "AppStudio JET2 % spread betw SMA & Last of Index components” example is avaialble here: https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/app-studio/app-studio-web-sdk/downloads

Thanks,

Olivier

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
966 11 21 26

Hi Raluca,

It should work if you paste it into the Eikon command line. Do you get an error message?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13 6 8 9

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I did paste it the link and it opens a black window that returns no results found. Then, of course if I try to run the SMA.html file it won't load the data.

Thanks for your help. Let me know if you need more info.

icon clock
10 |1500

could you post a screenshot of this window

Upvotes
87 7 8 13

After you received the blank "Data Module" screen did you leave it up and running before you launch the SMA app? Additionally, the "Data Module" window should have the text "Data Module" displayed in the window - is this the case?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
87 7 8 13

When this sample application was written the "Data Module" application had to be running as well. Now one no longer needs to have the "Data Module" application running as before. Did the rest of the columns have data beside Sector and Beta ? Which chain did you use ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13 6 8 9

Hi,

Thank you all for your answers. I did give it another go, I run it from the browser, it does loads but is not retrieveing any data, I just get the black screen when pressing the Get Index Data button. I must be doing something wrong. I have not run "Data Module" since, as you said, is not required anymore.

Thank you,

Raluca

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
87 7 8 13

do you have tomcat or some webserver running locally?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
87 7 8 13

can you share your console log ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13 6 8 9

thanks, I figured it out. It loaded just fine now. Thank you for your support.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello, could you please explain me how did you make the SMA example work? Thank you very much.

Upvotes
87 7 8 13

you need to run it from the Eikon command line by the way, i.e., will not run in chrome since JET is not registered

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.