For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 3 2

Product Change Notification - API SSL Cert Update

Hi, Looking some assistance! I don't directly support Refinitiv Datascope select from a tech standpoint & have been asked to raise by a colleague. We are in receipt of a PCN for API SSL Certificates Update which is taking place this weekend. This is re Refinitiv updating the expiring SSL certs used to secure Datascope Select. We use the REST API to retrieve data and this is one of the impacted URL’s. The notice is only relating to clients with custom SSL configs. Is there an efficient way to check if a custom SSL is being used? I’m not sure if I’m asking the right question, or a valid question, but what would be a standard SSL integration for the REST API access method? Thanks

dssrest-apisslcertificate
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @darren.rogers,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @darren.rogers ,

As PCN: 14531-Refinitiv DataScope Select & Tick History - API SSL Certificates Update states, for the majority of the clients this will not require any action "the certificate will download automatically following its implementation".

The exception is "Please check with your IT team for confirmation on whether manual installation of the certificate is required. You should verify that your client application will trust the COMODO RSA Certificate Authority root certificate. Your IT team is the resource for this information and for performing the installation. Refinitiv cannot confirm this information on the client’s behalf."

In my best understanding, if the certificate is prevented from downloading by client's environment, such as proxy, the new certificate will have to be downloaded manually by organization's IT.

Should this come to pass, please find certificates SSL Certificate for DataScope Select & Tick - History API (HTTPS) - PCN 14531 - Zip file containing the SSL Certificate for DataScope Select & Tick History API. Valid as of 20 February 2022 (not valid as of now, they will become valid on Feb 20th).

Hope this information is of help

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.