question

Upvote
Accepted
18 1 1 5

issues with installing of the EIKON API for R package

Dear EIKON R package Team,

I have faild to install the package THAPI (Laptop Asus x64 Windows 7).

I have downgraded R to 2.15.x (I tried all of 2.15x versions), run it as the administrator, then

install.packages('RCurl'); install.packages('XML'); install.packages('base64') (by the way, they did not work ok with 2.15.x; maybe the old realeses of them are also needed?), then I tried to instal THAPI.zip (install.packages("D:/Downloads/THAPI.ZIP", repos = NULL)) and ..no way.:

Installation d(es) package(s) dans ‘D:/Documents/R/win-library/2.15’ (car ‘lib’ n'est pas spécifié) Erreur dans read.dcf(file.path(pkgname, "DESCRIPTION"), c("Package", "Type")) : impossible d'ouvrir la connexion De plus : Message d'avis : In read.dcf(file.path(pkgname, "DESCRIPTION"), c("Package", "Type")) : impossible d'ouvrir le fichier compressé 'THAPI.ZIP/DESCRIPTION', cause probable : 'No such file or directory'.

what could you advise, please? Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Roman

eikoneikon-data-apitick-history-rest-apirsetup
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@roman.matkovskyy

From the package name it's not Eikon API. Instead it should be TRTH API for request Tick Historical Data. Are you download the pacakge from https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/thomson-reuters-tick-history-trth/thomson-reuters-tick-history-trth-soap-api/downloads?

Based on below description from DESCRIPTION file in THAPI.zip, it requires R version 3.1.0 Built: R 3.1.0; ; 2014-05-13 05:26:57 UTC; unix

And

I have a chance to try it previously, and it seems not to work if you install R library using original .zip file. However I found workaround by unpack the package and repack all files from unpacked folder to THAPI.zip again.

Then I can load the new THAPI.zip in RStudio

Just try some function such as getQuota and it seems to work.

> library("THAPI")
Attaching package: ‘THAPI’
The following object is masked from ‘package:base’:
    serialize
> rdth<-createCredential("<TRTH Username>","<TRTH Password>")
> getQuota(rdth)
An object of class "Quota"
Slot "type":
An object of class "QuotaType"
Slot "value":
[1] "Unlimited"
Slot "usedCash":
[1] "0"
Slot "totalCash":
[1] "0"
Slot "usedOption":
[1] "0"
Slot "totalOption":
[1] "0"
Slot "usedFuture":
[1] "0"
Slot "totalFuture":
[1] "0"
Slot "exceedable":
[1] "true"
>

rstudio.png (81.0 KiB)
rstudio2.png (23.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

My R version is 3.3.1, but when I want to install this package, it shows Error in install.packages : type == "both" cannot be used with 'repos = NULL'

How do I solve it, thanks

Upvotes
18 1 1 5

@ moragodkrit

thanks a lot for your answer. Did as you advised.

Installed.

Thank you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
16 0 0 1

@moragodkrit

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation, but I have still some issues.

I am using Microsoft R Open 3.3.0 and I installed the THAPI.zip package with no issues, but when calling library(THAPI) I get the following error

> library(THAPI)
Error in .mergeMethodsTable(generic, mtable, tt, attach) : 
  trying to get slot "defined" from an object of a basic class ("list") with no slots
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘THAPI’

Do you have any idea on what's going on? (BTW a Microsoft R Open 3.1.0 does not exist and I would pretty much use the Microsoft R open for windows optimization purposes)

Thanks in advance for your help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@mouhsine
The R library may works with 3.1.0 only and I don't see any update version for 3.3.0. Anyway if you want R 3.1.0, I found it on the following link

https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/old/3.1.0/

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
16 0 0 1

Thanks @moragodkrit.

Is there any way to get hold of the source code so we can package it for recent R versions?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.