question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 0 0 1

is there a faster way to do opid.lookup()

I'm using the python package for the open perm id API and its really helpful but I have one issue. I have a list of companies matched to their perm id and I would like to pull the associated data that comes with the opid.lookup(<perm id>) function. At the moment I think the fastest wat is to loop through them but that causes many small requests to the API. Is it possible to make a request like the one to https://permid.org/api/match/file but using the perm ids to pull the other id numbers?

pythonopen-permid-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @l.garciavelez,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@l.garciavelez

I don't think so. The Record Matching API is used to match your own entity Person, Organization, Instrument, and Quote records to Refinitiv PermIDs. Once you have the PermID for a specific entity, you can retrieve the details using its PermID URL and enrich your database with the full extent of Refinitiv data.

For example, you would like to match PermIDs with the following organization entities.

LocalID,Standard Identifier,Name,Country,Street,City,PostalCode,State,Website
1,,Apple,US,"Apple Campus, 1 Infinite Loop",Cupertino,95014,California,
2,,Apple,,,,,,
3,,Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd,IL,,Petah Tikva,,,
4,,Tata Sky,IN,,,,,
5,RIC:IBM.N|Ticker:IBM,,,,,,,
6,Ticker:MSFT,,,,,,,
7,LEI:INR2EJN1ERAN0W5ZP974,,,,,,,
8,Ticker:FB&&Exchange:NSM,,,,,,,
9,Ticker:AAPL&&MIC:XNGS,,,,,,,

The Record Matching API can do this for you.

However, it is unable to pull the other attributes from PermIDs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.