question

Upvotes
Accepted
211 6 17 30

Is there a version of the Open DACS C++ API that is c++17 compliant?

I downloaded v8.2 of Open DACS API SDK for C++ with the hope that it is now C++ 17 compliant, However, I see in the include files that it is still using dynamic exception specifications. Is there a version of Open DACS API SDK for C++ that is C++ 17 compliant available for download? If not, will there soon be an update to the Open DACS API for C++ that is C++ 17 compliant?

c++open-dacslinux
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
26.4k 62 17 14

Hello @mktdata

I have checked the API Compatibility Matrix on the Open DACS C++ document page (alternatively, this page) . However, I cannot find any information about the C++ 17 supports for Open DACS C++ version 8 too.

I highly recommend you contact the RDC support team directly via Contact Premium Support on the Open DACS C++ API page. Then, RDC will contact the OpenDACS team to verify this requirement.

opendacs-cpp-support.png

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
32.2k 41 11 20

Hello @mktdata ,

Fully agree with @wasin.w that as your customer organization is a premium support member, this concern should be raised via Premium Support channel.

The named premium support users from the organization should have Contact Premium Support link when logged into developers portal, if they have registered on the developers portal with their premium named user registration email.

It does not look like you are one of the named premium support users, or you have registered on dev portal with another registration email, so you can not be auto-identified as premium support.

I would suggest to contact one of the premium support users from your organization so that they can raise a premium support inquiry on your behalf.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.