For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 2 3 6

DSS - Matured or Called Bonds

When a bond matures – I know not to ask for EOD data again as there is a maturity_date on the security.

But when a bond is called (where no specific date is available)

How to do I know to stop asking for EOD data on it (datascope api) – it just starts returning no data rather than something indicating it was called?

dss-rest-apic++bondsstatus
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Asif Khan,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@Asif Khan

You can check the "Asset Status", or "Asset Status Description" fields.

{
            "Code": "EOD.Asset Status",
            "Name": "Asset Status",
            "Description": "Code representing the status of the instrument.",
            "FormatType": "Text",
            "FieldGroup": " "
        },
        {
            "Code": "EOD.Asset Status Description",
            "Name": "Asset Status Description",
            "Description": "Description of Asset Status code.",
            "FormatType": "Text",
            "FieldGroup": " "
        },

The valid status codes contain CLD (Called).

1652338569741.png

If it doesn't help, you can contact the DataScope Select support team directly via MyRefinitiv and ask for the method to verify the called bonds.

1652338569741.png (6.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39 4 6 7

Thanks - Asif was asking on my behalf - Generally I wanted to avoid asking for a price when a bond has matured or been called ie not trading so I guess Trading Status could also be used "Description": "1=active; 0=delisted."

Question1: Is this a better field to use than asset status?

The issue with DSS is say I have an ISIN for a bond that was called a while ago - DSS doesn't return any data against that bond at all (not even the status) except in the notes to say it is inactive (which is not really parseable from a coding perspective).

Question2: Is there a different template that can be used to get whether the bond is active or not (currently using EOD Pricing Template). Its a bit strange that the asset status/trading status fields are null when the security ceasing trading - shouldn't they stay as inactive/called?

I don't want to use a null to mark securities inactive my side.

Notes:

Last Modified: 2022-05-13 07:56:33\r\n(ISN,AU3CB0246668,YLD,AUSAB0924=YBAU) is inactive.\r\n(ISN,AU3CB0246668,YLD,AUSAB0924=YBAU)

What DSS API Returns

1652393573519.png

1652393573519.png (88.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

@Archi @Asif Khan

This forum is dedicated to software developers using Refinitiv APIs. The moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every bit of content available through Refinitiv products, which is required to answer content questions such as this one.

The best resource for DataScope Select content questions is the DataScope Selectsupport team, which can be reached by submitting queries through MyRefinitv. The support team will either have the required content expertise ready available or can reach out to relevant content experts to get the answer for you.

Upvote
39 4 6 7

Hi Jaripongse - thanks for your help. We are trying using the validation options to get back the trading status and seem to be having a bit more luck.

"ValidationOptions": {"AllowInactiveInstruments": true, "UseDebtOverEquity": true}

1652418926841.png

1652418926841.png (41.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

@Archi

Thank you for sharing this useful finding.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.