question

Upvotes
Accepted
68 2 6 5

HistoricalChainResolution - Returns Invalid RICs as "Valid"

I am trying to search individual RICs from a Chain RIC by using HistoricalChainResolution.

Then found that retuned list of RICs actually contains Invalid RICs as well ( while status indicates "Valid" )

For instance, Below request will return bunch of individual RICs.

Request :

URL : { {protocol}}{ {host}}{ {api}}Search/HistoricalChainResolution

Body:

{

"Request": {

"ChainRics": [

"0#CDSBNKJPR="

],

"Range": {

"Start": "2022-05-01T00:00:00.000Z",

"End": "2022-05-16T00:00:00.000Z"

}

}

}

Return

{

"@odata.context": "https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#Collection(DataScope.Select.Api.Search.HistoricalChainInstrument)",

"value": [

{

"Identifier": "0#CDSBNKJPR=",

"IdentifierType": "ChainRIC",

"Source": "",

"Key": "VjF8MHgzMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwfDB4MzAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMHx8fHx8fHwwI0NEU0JOS0pQUj18",

"Description": "Historical Chain",

"InstrumentType": "Unknown",

"Status": "Valid",

"Constituents": [

{

"Identifier": "AOZR10YUSAC=R",

"IdentifierType": "Ric",

"Source": "",

"Key": "VjF8MHgzMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwfDB4MzAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMHx8fHx8fHxBT1pSMTBZVVNBQz1SfA",

"Description": "Historical Instrument",

"InstrumentType": "Unknown",

"Status": "Valid",

"DomainCode": "6"

},

...... ( Bunch of RICs will follow, but some are non existing RICs as well as valid RICs )

Actually , In above example, one of retuned RIC "AOZR10YUSAC=R" is actually no longer exist ( so invalid RIC ) , but somehow those invalid RICs are retuned with the valid RICs , "Status" of those RICs indicated as "Valid" as well as other existing ( valid ) RICs.

Is there anyway to exclude such invalid RICs from the returned RICs??

Thank you

tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @noboru.maruyama4

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Hi @noboru.maruyama4 ,

I have tried this chain RIC with real time feed, and even that is returning a list of invalid RICs in the chain. This seems like a data issue, and I would recommend that you open a content ticket with my.refinitiv.com and speak with a data content expert.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Gurpreet

Many thanks for your advise, Actually I could replicate same behaver even with Eikon Excel ( Invalid individual RICs appear from a chain RIC )

so I raised an Query to Dara Content team.

Thank you for your advise

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.