question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

Dex2 Initialization Failed.

Hello,

I'm currently pulling historic data into an excel document, but every time I attempt to refresh, I receive the error "Dex2 Initialization Failed."

This error has not appeared before, and I have made no changes since the last time it succeeded. I am signed into the Refinitiv Eikon desktop app as well as the Excel add-in

Here's the formula I'm using:

=@TR("CMCU0,CMSN0,MAL0,MNI0,MPB0,MZN0","TR.OFFICIALASKPRICE,TR.OFFICIALASKPRICE.date","SDate=2017-01-01,Edate=2030-01-01 CH=Fd RH=IN")

And here's a picture of the error:

1652970026916.png

Side question: Is there a function to use for the EDate field that simply references the current date? Right now I'm referencing a future date as a workaround and removing the duplicates afterwards.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

excel-error
1652970026916.png (5.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @nathen.gildow ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @nathen.gildow ,

Your question is about Eikon Excel issue and the available functionality, rather then about Datastream API integration.

The best approach is to reach out to Eikon support directly, by submitting Eikon Excel question via Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Product -> Eikon rather then post on dev forums.

To be of help, I have opened a support case on your behalf, case#11242826 , please expect an Eikon support expert to reach out to you shortly, via email address that you have registered on developers portal with.

-AHS

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @nathen.gildow and all,

Conveying the resolution from the case:

"...issue seems to resolve itself. Basic instructions to trouble shoot the issue was still sent to client ... if issue re-occurs"

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.