question

Upvotes
7 3 3 6

JET Context Change is not working for instrument ESZ6

We have an application that connects to Eikon through linked windows. If you enter a RIC in one of the linked windows (e.g., the Chart window), then that RIC pushes through to our app as expected. This works fine for most RICs, but we are seeing weird behavior with RIC ESZ6 in particular. When we enter that RIC in an Eikon linked window, it does not push through to our application and no JET.onContextChange() event fires.

We see a JET.onContextChange() firing for other rics, including ESM7 and ESZ7. Just seems like something is wrong with ESZ6 in particular.

This seems like a bug on Eikon's side of things as far as we can tell. Does anyone have any ideas what to do? Is it possible that ESZ6 is so "busy" that a context change won't fire?

As a workaround, we can enter ric ESZ6 in the little Eikon search window within our app. But obviously we'd like the linked windows/ context change functionality to work for *all* RICs.

eikoneikon-app-studiojet
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @cherndon,

I'm afraid I do not reproduce the issue on my end. I just tried running my test JET app, and I have no problem passing context to my app using any RIC including ESZ6. Can you reproduce the behavior you're reporting with other App Studio apps, e.g. ChartIQ?

If you haven't already done so, try restarting Eikon and see if it clears the problem. And if it does not, check if the problem is perhaps machine or Eikon user account specific. I.e. see if you can reproduce it on different machines using different Eikon accounts.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7 3 3 6

Thanks, Alex. Restarting seems to resolve the issue. However, this happened at least once more to another user, and for not just ESZ6. It's as if Eikon gets "hung up" and stops sending our linked app updates. We are trying to reproduce this, or least gather more information on the details, but unfortunately it happens only sporadically. I will update if and when we have something more definitive.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @cherndon,

Have you encountered this problem recently?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.