question

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

ImportError: cannot import name 'registry'

After setting up a conda env for Eikon and launching Jupyter Notebook I get an error when I run:

import eikon as ek

the error is ImportError: cannot import name 'registry'
I have tried updated pandas and updating all in my env. Nothing seems to help.

For context my work machine does not let me work from the main drive so I had to create a folder on another drive to contain my environment. My set up in Conda therefore looks like this:

(M:\EikonAPI\Eikon_env) M:\EikonAPI\Eikon_env>

I am not sure whether this would cause any problems. This is the only way I can use other API's like the bloomberg API on my work machine.

eikon-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @archie.brixton

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

hi @archie.brixton ,

I'm afraid we haven't heard from you in a while and we cannot provide further assistance without the details we asked for. I'm closing this thread. If you need any further assistance, please start a new thread.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

hi @archie.brixton ,

Could you please provide the package versions with pip freeze command and I'm going to try to reproduce the issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Here is first part, will send in two images
1658392111574.png

1658392111574.png (37.8 KiB)

Please let me know what you think. Do I need to install pip3 and perform an upgrade of packages?
Thanks for your help. Appreciate it.

@archie.brixton

Can you create a new virtual environment? Then, install just the Eikon package and its dependicies to verify if it works.

hi @archie.brixton ,

I tried to reproduce the issue with the same list of Python libraries you've used but I can import the Eikon library properly without any error (I'm using Python version 3.9.12). Hence, could you please try as Jirapongse mentioned and let us know if the issue still persists?

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

Here is the second part
1658392186100.png

1658392186100.png (37.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.