question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

Charts via DSWS or any other API?

Dear all,

I have received the following question from a customer:

"We have used a url to retrieve this type of graphs like the following example: https://refini.tv/3NyvoSK

This sample url is retrieved from Refinitv Eikon, where we use this in the AS IS situation for a few hundred fixed isin codes.

But we need to make this graph retrievable for a few thousand isin codes in the new solution, where we expect frequent changes to the scope of isin codes.

Could you help us figure out how to retrieve this graph based on isin code in DSWS?

Or which DSWS request is best suitable for this data?"

Is there any way to allow for this?

Thanks and regards

Silke

dsws-apiisin
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @silke.haupt1

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

Done - was looking for this one, but when checking the answer I wasn't signed in. Thus this button wasn't showing.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@silke.haupt1

Datastream Web Service supports ISIN codes. You can specify a list of instruments by using a comma-separated string. 'X' is a default field for instruments. You can use the Datastream Navigator to search for instruments and data types.

The code looks like this:

df = ds.get_data(tickers='DE000ZAL1111,DJES50I',fields=['X'], start='2017-01-01', end='TODAY', freq='D')

The output is:

1662610984755.png

Then, you can use the retrieved data to plot a chart.

1662611043493.png

However, Datastream Web Service has limitations, such as the number of instruments in a request message. For more information, please refer to the DSWS user stats and limits document.

1662610984755.png (24.4 KiB)
1662611043493.png (64.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.