question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Check if RIC exists (RFA 7.5.1)

Hi, we use RFA 7.5.1 Java API. Is there a way to check if an RIC exists?

Example - call a method passing RIC as an argument. The method will return, so and so RIC exists/not exists.

If there is not a way to achieve this, can I rely on a 'status message' for this purpose? If so, what will be the status message returned, if an RIC doesn't exist?

Thanks in advance.

rfa-apijavalinux
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @monishkumar.appusamy

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @monishkumar.appusamy,

From RFA Java, this type of check is supported. The RIC availability depends on the service. For example, if your consumer is connecting to a custom publisher, there can be completely independent instrument set available from that publisher, the RICs that are available, or available ta any given time, depend on the service/publisher/source.

The status response that the consumer will receive on the non-existent RIC should look like:

Msg Model Type: MARKET_PRICE
Indication Flags: 
Hint Flags: HAS_ATTRIB_INFO | HAS_STATE
State: CLOSED, SUSPECT, NOT_FOUND,  "*The record could not be found"
AttribInfo
ServiceName: ELEKTRON_DD
ServiceId: 356
Name: FAKE.O
NameType: 1 (RIC)
Payload: None

Where "State: CLOSED, SUSPECT, NOT_FOUND" can be relied on to verify that this instrument is not currently provided by the service.

Please note that JRFA 7.5 is End of Life, refer to API Compatibility Matrix for the details.

Hope that this information helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Thank you Zoya.

>>> "From RFA Java, this type of check is supported"

Could you let me know how I can avail this check? A code sample would help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @monishkumar.appusamy ,

If you are looking to quick-check, if the specific RIC exists from Refinitiv Real-Time service, you may use RIC search tool on dev portal to search.

If you looking for enterprise level programmatic solution on RICs verification, in my understanding, you would integrate with a Reference data product, rather then real-time streaming service. Your organization's account team would be the best contact to discuss with, and advise, on the solutions available and most suitable for your specific use case. To my best knowledge, Datascope reference data is commonly used for Security Master class of requirements.

RFA is intended for real-time consuming and providing, rather then reference data access, please refer to RFA Java Documentation for the complete description of the API and the covered functionality. Depending on your use case, detecting "State: CLOSED, SUSPECT, NOT_FOUND" in your custom code and logging/reporting to the business tier is often sufficient.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.