question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 5 6 8

ESG scores

Hello,

How can I get ESG overall and each component score for the acquirers in M&A transactions five years before and after the transaction? I want US deals only during 2010 onwards. In the Refinitiv workspace I can only see the scores per company, but is there any tool that can display the scores for a set of companies during specific period?

eikonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#contentesg
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @georgecambridge001 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
5k 16 2 7

Dear @georgecambridge001 ,

I have tried building the search query, but unfortunately some of the properties you had been asking for wasn't available in Search API. This is the query I have created with limited filter criteria.

MnA = search.Definition(
    view = search.Views.DEALS_MERGERS_AND_ACQUISITIONS,

filter = "TransactionStatus eq 'Completed'  and TransactionAnnouncementDate ge 2003-01-01",

select = "TransactionAnnouncementDate, TargetCompanyName",
    order_by = 'TransactionAnnouncementDate desc',
    top = 10000).get_data()

MnA.data.df

Perhaps, it would be useful if you find these companies from Workspace using Mergers & Acquisitions screener App (it will pop up if you simply search in Workspace searchbar) and export as excel.

Then, you can use examples here to get the ESG data you are after. Additionally, you may find examples for the symbology conversion also useful as many of filtered companies might not have RICs.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5k 16 2 7

Dear @georgecambridge001 ,

Thank you for your question. If I understand your question correctly you can achieve this via Refinitiv Data Library API in 2 steps:

1. Retrieve the RICs of M&A acquirers - This can be done via the Search function. In this Article, there is an example of Search request. Please have a look and let me know if you will have any difficulties in creating API request in RD. I can help you to build one.

2. Get ESG scores for the retrieved companies - I believe this example which again utilizes RD Library to get ESG data might be very handy.

Hope this was helpful and let me know should you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2 5 6 8

Hi @h.aramyan01 and @zoya faberov

I have been trying to build the code on my own but I could not make it. Can you please help me out to build one? Here is what I need:

Step 1:

• M&A transactions since 2003 January onwards
  • Status flag = completed
  • Divestiture flag = true, spinoff flag = false, carve-out flag = false
  • Target's parent (immediate, ultimate, temporary) = public
  • Exclude industries in the financial sector (for target parents)
  • Whether divested unit and its parent were in the same industry (as measured by the SIC code)

Step 2:

• Obtain ESG scores (overall, pillar, and sub-components e.g., resource use score)

I thank you in advance for your support.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5k 16 2 7

Hi @georgecambridge001 ,

Sure I can work on that, just please bear in mind it might take some time (Search requests involve some research). I'll post a code here, once ready.

Best regards,

Haykaz

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.