question

Upvotes
Accepted
15 7 4 9

Fx rates for all currencies?

Hi,

I know in general the format for a RIC is {base}{quote}= (=R for calculated rates) and all currencies seem to have a USD rate using {nonUsdCurr}= but I find that some cross rates don't exist and need to be triangulated.

This is an issue if subscribing to live prices for those rates as must then recalculate the rate if any of the triangulation rates are updated.

Is there a set RIC which will return for all currency pairs or a better way to subscribe to unfamiliar rates?

treprfarfa-apijavaforex
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Ethan Wong

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @Ethan Wong

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

@Ethan Wong

I think SPOT/1 and SPOT/2 RICs are what you are looking for. These are top-level reference RICs for spot rates and cross-rates.

Next you could zero in on the regions as referenced, for example, "EFX=" will give you a list of European spot rates.

The star "*" you see on "SPOT/2" is to be replaced by the other currency in the currency pair.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.