Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

How to collect interest rate swap day count conventions in Eikon Python api?

The Eikon desktop application has a "Description" page for swaps (USD1YOIS=) that presents contract specification data such as day-count convention, holiday calendar, and reference rate RIC. Is there a way to locate Python api field names for these items?

I could not locate them in the Data Item Browser, or using the TR Eikon MS Office formulas, as suggested in the Eikon Python docs.

More broadly, is there a method that will list all fields that can be queried using:

eikon.get_data(ric, fields)

Such a field list could be a time-saver, even if most returned values are null.

eikon-data-api#contentswapsexchange-holidaysreference-data
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@refinitivdocreader

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@refinitivdocreader

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @michelhugo.battistini

I also could not find the specific details you are after. In situations like this, I would recommend you raise a content query within the desktop, via "Help & Support" using Help or the function key: F1. They can bring in a content special who can help with these data fields.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.