question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 1 1 6

Search US Stocks traded on German Gettex (XMUN)

Hi all,

Could you pls advise on the following issue.

I try to find all US stocks which are traded on Munich Gettex Exchange (code: XMUN). When I do it via Eikon API Screen in Python I get only ~250 items:

fields = ['TR.ISIN','TR.InstrumentType','TR.CompanyName','TR.ExchangeName','TR.CompanyMarketCap(Scale=9)','TR.TRBCActivity','TR.TRBCEconomicSector']
US_stocks_on_XMUN = 'SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,countryprimaryquote))), \
                        IN(TR.ExchangeMarketIdCode,"XMUN"), \
                        IN(TR.RegCountryCode,"US"), \
                        Contains(TR.InstrumentType,"Ordinary Shares"), \
                        CURN=EUR)'
US_stocks_XMUN, err = ek.get_data(US_stocks_on_XMUN, fields)

... but when I do it manually via advanced search (Universe = "Equities" & Type of Equity = "Ordinary Shares" & Exchange = "GETTEX" & Country of issuer = "United States") I get a correct result (around 2000).

Could you pls advise how I could do it programmatically via Eikon and/or via RDP.

Thanks

python#productsearch
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Anufriyev ,

please be informed that this question has been moved from TRTH to the Eikon data API forum

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @Anufriyev ,

In the Advanced Search screen, you can click on the Export option > Export query

1671767562868.png

Then select the Codebook tab to get the Python code for Refinitiv Data Library below is the screenshot of this code output, it returns 2174 rows which is the same number as the result on the Advanced search.1671767417283.png

Here's the exported code

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()

rd.discovery.search(
view = rd.discovery.Views.EQUITY_QUOTES,
top = 5000,
filter = "(AssetState ne 'DC' and SearchAllCategoryv2 eq 'Equities' and (RCSAssetCategoryGenealogy eq 'A:1L' and ExchangeName xeq 'GETTEX' and RCSIssuerCountryGenealogy eq 'M:DQ\G:AM\G:6J'))",
select = "DTSubjectName,ExchangeName,RIC,IssueISIN,Gics,AssetState,BusinessEntity,PI,SearchAllCategoryv3,SearchAllCategoryv2,SearchAllCategory,CUSIP,CinCUSIP,SEDOL,RCSAssetCategoryLeaf,RCSCurrencyLeaf,ExDividendDate,RCSIssuerCountryLeaf,RCSAssetCategoryGenealogy,RCSIssuerCountryGenealogy"
)

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

1671767562868.png (196.0 KiB)
1671767417283.png (317.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
19 1 1 6

Oh, great! I didn't know that you could do "Export query" in advanced search as well. Thank you for the hint!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.