Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 3 4 10

initial notification price of exchangerate ( data parameter question)

Hi.
I want to ask you something about field values and parameters.

Is there a field value related to the initial notification price of the exchange rate?
Currently, we're using won, dollar exchange rates, and using KRWFIX=KFTC to use the closing price of the previous day

Could you tell me, if there's a field value related to the initial test price.

Of course, the closing price of the previous day and the first test price are almost the same.
But for now, I want you to know if there are any parameters related to the initial exchange rate.

#contentfields
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jwlee08

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @jwlee08 ,

The support team has provided the answer in the ticket mentioned below

upon checking and as you can see from the screenshot below, this RIC is updated twice per day, 06:03KST and 15:40 KST for each business day.

1673510230258.png

holding the cursor on the field then its name will be shown

1673510450886.png

from that, below is the code to retrieve this data. However, as the data can be changed during the time, you need to check the value of the Latest price in the field PRIMACT_n based on date VALUE_DTn and time VALUE_TSn (where n is the number of the record)

the data and field name is as below

• Latest: PRIMACT_n
  • Time: VALUE_TSn
  • Date: VALUE_DTn
df, err = ek.get_data(['KRWFIX=KFTC'], ['ACT_TP_1','PRIMACT_1','VALUE_DT1','VALUE_TS1',
                                       'ACT_TP_2','PRIMACT_2','VALUE_DT2','VALUE_TS2',
                                       'ACT_TP_3','PRIMACT_3','VALUE_DT3','VALUE_TS3',
                                       ])
df

Please note that the time returned from this query is in GMT timezone

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

1673510230258.png (25.0 KiB)
1673510450886.png (42.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @jwlee08 ,

The moderators on this forum are expertise on Refinitiv APIs usage. However, they do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Refinitiv products. Such expertise is available through Refinitiv Helpdesk, which can be reached via MyRefinitiv. To be of help, ticket number 12080853 was raised on your behalf and the support team is going to contact you soon to assist with this.

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.