question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

PUB_ERROR_EVENT vs OMM_CMD_ERROR_EVENT

Hi,

I'm using the RFA Provider to publish data into TREP

At some point we stop sending some data and have a listener registered with the OMM_CMD_ERROR_EVENT

Please can someone explain the difference between OMM_CMD_ERROR_EVENT and PUB_ERROR_EVENT? Do we need both to detect loss of data that we were attempting to publish?

Thanks

#technologyrfa-apiOMMpublishing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @manesh.kp01

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@manesh.kp01

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I found that the PubErrorEvent is mentioned in the Legacy Market Data interface. It relates to the publish method in the Market Data interface to publish data.

In the OMM interface, it uses OMMCmdErrorEvent. Therefore, if you are using the OMM interface, you need to handle only the OMMCmdErrorEvent.

OMMCmdErrorEvent: Used to notify the providing application that an error has occurred when calling the submit() method of the OMM provider 

I hope that this information is of help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.