Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

How can i download Tobins q ?

I want to do a esg performance analye and i want to measure the performance with tobins q, but i cant find it by refinitiv eikon

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspace#contentrefinitiv-data-platformesgperformance
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

@christopher.almeling Thanks for your question - you can calculate Tobin's Q ratio using the following:

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()
df = rd.get_data(
    universe=['VOD.L'],
    fields=['TR.F.MktCap.date','TR.F.MktCap','TR.F.TotAssets'],
    parameters = {'SDate': -10,'EDate':0,'FRQ':'FY'}
)

df['TobinQ'] = df['Market Capitalization'] / df['Total Assets']
df

1675352491245.png

I hope this can help.

1675352491245.png (60.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you but i dont really unterstand. Do i have to do this in excel?

wasin.w avatar image wasin.w christopher.almeling

Hello @christopher.almeling

The Python source code given by my colleague is based on the Refinitiv Data (RD) Library for Python API. You can run it on the standalone environment (the Eikon/Workspace must be opened on the same machine) or via the CodeBook App in Eikon/Workspace.

CodeBook is the cloud-hosted Jupyter Notebook development environment for Python scripting from the application. The CodeBook is natively available in Refinitiv Workspace and Eikon as an app (**no installation required!!**), providing access to Refinitiv APIs and other popular Python libraries that are already pre-installed on the cloud.

codebook-1.png

codebook-2.png

Hope this helps.

codebook-1.png (35.0 KiB)
codebook-2.png (96.9 KiB)
Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi, I followed your instruction but for 40 different companies. Eventually I got this output but I cannot figure out a way to export the entire table to excel. Any tips. thank you so muchcapture-decran-2023-11-16-a-181033.png

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.