question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 1 0 2

REDI Order Entry: Formulating Commissions

Hello Community,

This is related to REDI API Python on Windows, wind32com.

(i) Is there a way to preset commissions in a REDI.Order such as o.Commissions?

If not,

(ii) Is there a way to formulate Commissions in REDI, whether as part of a Ticket or as a Doneaway entry to complement a "specific order/trade".

(iii) While we anticipate extracting Commissions under Addwatch after the trades are executed, is there a function returning the total liquidity available for trades as each Order is submitted/executed.

Thank you.

Berat

#productredi-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@beratp1

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I checked the REDI EMS API Specification document and found that the commission property is available in the DONEAWAY class.

1675660221233.png

I can create the Doneaway object in Python.

hOrder = win32com.client.Dispatch("REDI.Doneaway")

I hope that this information is of help.

1675660221233.png (43.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7 1 0 2

Thanks @Jirapongse, I believe the Doneaway entry is post execution.

Staying on this topic, would the Commission entry result in a CashAdjustment (under Position Data) and what might be the way to extract the total Cash or Equity available for new trades post adjustments? I have not seen a Cash/Equity Balance field in the specifications. I have seen NetValue but not sure this represents the total NAV (of all Holdings).

Thank you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.